Monday, April 29, 2013

Office Hours, in-person (4/30) and online (next week)

Dear students, 

The last office hour--not to mention, our last day of class all together--is crowning now! I will be available for speed-meetings of ten minutes max tomorrow from 4-5 pm after the movie in my office THH 261. Sign up as soon as you can on the thread below. And if you were advised by me last week (in person or over email), please cede your time to other students who haven't had the chance to meet with me yet. 

Also, please say "thank you" when you receive this additional individual attention. No one owes it to you in particular. You likely won't get tons of it in the future from other professors. And you'll get even less of it if you don't express gratitude for their ceding precious time in their schedules to attend to your concerns and desires. Take this advice to heart now and your life will be easier and more felicitous down the line, I swear it! 

During the non-instruction period next week, I will intermittently check the blog (not my email) for your questions about the website project, including your personal essays and collaborative main-page statements. Remember that you have excellent resources for writing and critical thinking in your classmates, and an incredibly targeted audience in your group! Also consider that a part of the assignment grade is based on your ability to work without supervision from on high, and to execute a complex task as self-managing members of a group. 

All that said, good luck!

6 comments:

  1. Professor i'd like to see you at 4pm. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to have a meeting with you at 4:30 please

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings Professor!

    I'll take 4:10 p.m.

    And of course - thank you for the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete